Conquering Diabetes in Developing Nations




Type 2 Diabetes – Four Great Salad Add-Ins For The Diabetic

As someone who is working to manage your blood sugar and Type 2 diabetes, you are going to have to pay constant attention to the foods you are eating on a day to day basis to ensure that they are giving your body the nutrients you need. Eat the wrong foods in the wrong quantities and you’ll not only be falling deficient in key vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients, but your blood sugar level may be going through extreme crashes as well.

Type 2 Diabetes – Oral Medications for Lowering Blood Sugar in Gestational Diabetes

Metformin, an oral anti-diabetic medication, is the first drug of choice for treating Type 2 diabetes, but its safety in Gestational diabetes (diabetes of pregnancy), has been controversial. New evidence has been favorable, as a study from the Portuguese Institute of Oncology and Santa Maria Hospital in Lisbon illustrates. The study, reported in the medical journal Endocrinology Practice in May 2014, included 188 pregnant women diagnosed with Gestational diabetes…

Type 2 Diabetes – Fast Strategies To Help Banish Bloating

Gastrointestinal problems can really turn your world upside down. Managing your blood sugar levels and Type 2 diabetes often brings changes in what you eat and the medications you take. You may also notice some changes in how your gastrointestinal tract, feels, sounds, and responds. Feeling bloated? Most people will suffer from bloating from time to time, especially if you’ve been focusing on switching to whole grains in your diet while increasing your vegetable intake. A high fiber diet is definitely a likely culprit of bloating, especially if you’ve made the jump up relatively quickly.

Type 2 Diabetes – 4 Tips To Get More Water In

As part of an all around sound nutritional program, one thing you must make sure you’re doing is getting sufficient water in each day. Staying well hydrated is going to help to keep your energy levels up, your metabolism running along smoothly, and your body functioning optimally. You want to avoid soft drinks at all costs, but you also want to make sure you substitute plenty of healthy liquids.

Type 2 Diabetes – Foods to Help Diabetics Lower Their Stress Level

Excessive, prolonged stress causes poor blood sugar control, which in turn, leads to frustration and despair or even fear. Poor eating habits may also coincide with having too much stress in one’s life. Here are nine foods to help reduce or eliminate your stress…

Diabetes: A Lifestyle Change

Thankfully today diabetics can live near normal lives with the help of modern treatments methods and medication, making treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes a lot easier than in the past. However, this does not always make living with diabetes easy. In many cases having diabetes whether type 1 or type 2 cannot only affect your lifestyle, it can also affect other areas of your life such as, relationships, work, your emotions as well as other things like hobbies..

Type 2 Diabetes – Very Low Carb Diets Are Not Good for Diabetics

You’ve probably heard our modern world has a weight problem. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the percentage of adults over 20 years-of-age that are obese is a whopping 34%. Even worse, that same percentage of adults is classified as overweight. In total, that means 68% of adults need to lose weight! And that leaves just 32% of the population as having a healthy weight. It’s plain to see how Type 2 diabetes has climbed to such high rates – we can’t ignore the role of diet and lifestyle in our modern diseases.

Children With Diabetes

I wanted to share this valuable information about Children with Diabetes which is also known as juvenile diabetes. It is all too often overlooked with children going untreated. Also the increase in children becoming diabetic is alarming to say the least.

Kidney Stones and Your Diabetes

Diabetes increases the risk of kidney stones. But the way to reduce that risk is simpler than you think.

Diabetes and Global Warming – The Link

To beat their diabetes, diabetics are increasingly turning to a plant-focused diet. But this is at a time when rising levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere are sapping some vital nutrients out of the grains and legumes diabetics need to eat.

You May Also Like